Due to rapid business growth & development, a new role has been created for a Manufacturing Planner Buyer. The position is based in the New Milford, Connecticut facility. The Planner Buyer will plan, direct and control activities related to the procurement of raw materials, components, tooling, equipment and purchased services. They will provide support to production, including developing production schedules to meet customer requirements.
Vision Engineering manufactures unique ergonomic stereo microscopes, digital inspection and non-contact measuring systems offering leading- edge solutions for our customers. We offer patented technology to enhance productivity and comfort at work. Established in 1958, our products are renowned the world over for innovation and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare daily and long-term production schedules utilizing ERP, historical data and sales forecast.
- Production material planning integration through work order generation and machine shop and assembly scheduling.
- Procures raw materials, components, tooling, equipment and purchased services.
- Understand and enforce the policies and guidelines, including the ethical conduct of purchasing activities.
- Controls supplier compliance to on time delivery, terms & conditions, product specifications and contracts. Manage and maintain good working relationships with suppliers.
- Identify and implement cost savings to support the business objectives.
- Manage supplier quality issues including return material authorization, cause and corrective action documentation and supplier credits.
- Maintain contact with all markets through personal contact, professional associations and trade publications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined experience and education directly related to purchasing and planning.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing planning and procurement roles
- Prior experience in an MRP environment
- Experience managing suppliers including past negotiating success
- Excellent attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to multi task to meet the needs of the customer
- Must have strong communication skills and operate effectively in a multi- disciplinary, team environment
- APICS, ISM or NAPM training/ certifications a plus
Vision Engineering Inc is the North American subsidiary of Vision Engineering Ltd (UK). Established in 1985, Vision Engineering Inc. is a manufacturer of high tech optical and digital instrumentation, with modern manufacturing facilities in New Milford, Connecticut. A newly formed regional Tech & Sales Centre in Irvine, California has been established to cover this extremely high tech area and the West coast.
The parent company, Vision Engineering Ltd, was formed in 1958, and is a multi-award-winning English manufacturer of patented ergonomic stereo microscopes, digital microscopes and non-contact measuring systems.
Vision Engineering Group includes manufacturing facilities in the UK and in Connecticut, USA. Vision Engineering Group’s market is global and the world’s leading manufacturing companies rely on Vision Engineering products to improve quality control of their manufactured parts. From fault detection and rework to R&D and quality control, Vision Engineering’s products are unrivalled when it comes to ergonomics.
Wholly owned sales and service subsidiaries are located in Germany, Japan, France & Italy with additional representative offices in China, Malaysia and India.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, contact Jo Iorio @ Vision Engineering Inc. 570 Danbury Road New Milford, CT 06776. Phone # (860)355-3776, Fax # (860)355-0712 or email@example.com