At Vision Engineering’s New Milford, Connecticut facility, we are expanding our CNC Machining capacity. An opportunity exists for an experienced Machinist, CNC Program, Set-up and operate.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years experience in setting up and programming CNC machines (turning and/or milling). Experience with Fanuc controls as well as experience with using the latest inspection tools. Individual will be working within a small team but must be able to work on their own with minimal supervision and also cooperatively support other members of the Machine Shop.
Essential Skills and experience
- Basic CNC milling programming experience for Fanuc control machining center. Read and amend G-Code programs where required
- Program edit, Set up & Operate in particular horizontal twin pallet 4 axis machining center
- Experience with vertical 3 axis mills
- Extensive tool setting experience
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and other documentation to enable basic programming, setting and manufacture to achieve a right first time product
- Strong problem solving skills with good practical application
- Highly motivated to improving productivity without compromise on quality
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Good communication, operational and organizational skills
- Optimizes and improves the productivity and cost efficiency of repeat jobs
- Trouble-shoot production, process or mechanical problems on the floor
- Well presented with a positive, proactive and professional approach
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Experienced use of standard measuring systems and methodologies
- The successful candidate must be able to work on their own initiative
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
High school diploma or GED. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Other Desirable Skills
- Offline Programming experience or CADCAM knowledge and skills also desirable but not essential (MasterCam)
- CMM basic operation desirable
- Production planning/scheduling
Vision Engineering offers an excellent compensation plan that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Vision Engineering manufactures unique ergonomic stereo microscopes, digital inspection and non-contact measuring systems. We offer patented technology to enhance of Customer’s productivity and comfort at work. Vision Engineering Ltd. was established in 1958 and our products are renowned the world over for innovation and quality.
For immediate consideration, contact Jo Iorio @ Vision Engineering Inc. 570 Danbury Road New Milford, CT 06776. Phone # (860)355-3776, Fax # (860)355-0712 or email@example.com